The last 12 months may have been the busiest on record for me and my family. Busy, busy, busy. Life has been full of these types of seasons but this one takes the cake. Unfortunately, when push came to shove, writing fell down the priority list and I didn’t have the margin to continue writing and posting content. I had to take my own advice and re-prioritize.
Life is still hectic but it has settled down enough to get back in the writing game. If you’ve hung around during this post-less time, thank you for your patience. As I jump back in I thought it would be helpful to give a quick highlight reel from the last year.
1. My oldest son, Caleb, turned 13 in March. Let the teenage party begin! He and I rode the train from Seattle to Portland to watch the Trailblazers take down the Warriors, in spite of Stephen Curry’s 47 points. That guy is fun to watch and it’s even more fun to see my son become a young man.
2. We sold our house and are living in a 2 bedroom condo, still with our 4 kids, while we look for something more permanent. A fun adventure made possible by the generosity of some great friends.
3. The company I help lead opened 3 insanely beautiful (and tasty) coffee shops. If you live in Seattle you need to try Storyville Coffee and if you live anywhere else, well, you too need to try Storyville Coffee. As I’m sure you know, Seattle is quite the competitive coffee market so we worked hard to create a new coffee experience and a memorable launch.
4. Speaking of launch, a good friend of mine has invented a sweet iPhone Camera case that should help revolutionize candid iPhone pictures. Only a few days left to get in on the fun at Kickstarter – $55 gets you a great case and even better the opportunity to support an amazing story.
5. The Seahawks won the Superbowl and I still get goosebumps every time I watch a highlight clip. In honor of the 12th man and our dominance over our rivals to the south, check out this fun t-shirt.
6. My book Authority:The Leaders Call To Serve is still free on my site. If you haven’t got yourself one, would love to share it with you.
7. It’s interesting to see what posts have risen to the top without any promotion over the last year, here are the top two if you’re new to my site and are curious. How my Moleskine makes life more manageable and a book summary of Patrick Lencioni’s The Advantage.
I’m looking forward to getting back into writing, thanks for listening and much more to come.