Money. Cash. Coin. Bling. Scrilla. Cheddar. Dough.
Whatever you call it, the god of gold promises security, peace of mind, comfort, status, freedom, and all of our wildest dreams come true. From the Bible to the Beatles, however, our culture is filled with reminders that money can’t buy what actually matters in life.
And yet money still keeps us up at night. People worry about it, live for it, die for it, and even kill for it. There is a better way.
Back and better than ever
A few years ago, I wrote a book about personal finance called Money: God or Gift to help people learn how to use money as a gift instead of worshiping it as a god.
This practical overview of faith and stewardship was well received, but I knew it could be better: more comprehensive, more readable, and more useful for study. For a long time, I’ve wanted to update the material and republish the book.
That day has finally arrived.
The new Money: God or Gift includes much of the same content found in previous editions, with some major upgrades:
- Totally reorganized structure for a smoother, more memorable read.
- Brand new material, including a chapter on how to make money in a way that honors God.
- A five-week study guide, applicable to churches and small groups in just about any context.
- A foreword by Darrin Patrick.
- The book is available in print for the first time in years!
What hasn’t change is my hope that Money: God or Gift will help people see money differently: enjoy it more, give it freely, and stress it less.
Tell me what you think
Thank you for your interest and support.
Spread the word for a chance to win $500 towards your credit card bill! #theMoneyMission