(For Permissions Policy, scroll down)
The simple act of visiting a website leaves a trail of information, a “digital footprint,” about visitors like you. Sometimes this footprint is vague and preserves your anonymity and other times it is tied specifically to you and your real life identity.
If all you do is click around and read pages, the data captured about you is vague. If you leave a comment or sign up for a newsletter, the data captured about you is sometimes very specific. Almost all web sites on the web today collect data in this fashion about visitors, and this site is no different.
Data is used for the express purpose of enabling you to read, respond to, and discover published content topical to this site, and nothing else.
Data may be kept indefinitely.
Data is never bartered or sold for commercial gain.
Data is never given to advertisers.
Data is given to law enforcement only when legal process is followed.
Data may be collected by analytic services.
With the exception of “guest posts” written by others (see the bottom of this page), I own the content on this Web site. It is copyrighted in my name. I want to strike the appropriate balance between getting my content widely distributed while at the same time protecting my intellectual property rights. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Without My Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2012, Jamie Munson. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.jamiemunson.com.”
Not Without My Permission
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission.
In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages. I simply don’t have the resources to validate the quality of the work.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. I cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
Permissions Policy by Michael Hyatt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.